Monday, August 9, 2010

Awesome weekend with my college friends!

It is so refreshing to be with friends who have known you for so long (longer than we all care to admit - truly. I told Anna that it was almost our 20th high school graduation and you should have seen the SHOCK on her face!!). Aren't we still all 27?

Being with my friends this weekend was so good in so many ways, but one thing that really stuck me was how fast the seasons of life go by! It seems like just last week we were all getting married (yet, here I am about to celebrate 12 years), and yesterday we were having our first children (my baby is 9.5yrs).

Someday this adoption process will be a blur. It will truly feel like only a few days (hence the title of my blog). And then I'll be in the midst of the true journey -the one of sharing life with our children!

So I have renewed patience and hope for this season to last as long as the Lord has for it to last. Thanks, friends!

And then I get home to the happy news of more referrals which move us up on our lists! We moved to #2 on the Sibling list, #11 on the baby girl list, and #22 on the toddler girl list (which we added ourselves to last week). Yeah, for small numbers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment