Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I Love My Husband! - how Ryan was able to get an update from the Embassy!

Just hours after posting the previous update - the hardest one I have written so far - I woke up. It was 3:30 AM. The Ipad was on my bedside table (it's new resting place for charging during the night), so I could check for emails from the Embassy. Addis Ababa is 10 hours ahead, so they come in the middle of the night.

My inbox had 3 junk emails.

Ryan woke up and I told him that there was nothing. I couldn't tell, but I thought he was going to go back to sleep for a few minutes, but then he threw back the covers and got up. On a mission.

He went to his office and called, faxed, and emailed the Embassy until he heard back from them!!! At 5:30 he got the email (and called me to read it to me). I've never been so happy at 5:30AM.

Their email explained that the delay in hearing from them was that they were trying to complete the interview with the police officer who found her in Gambella Region. Coincidentally, it was completed just before they responded to Ryan's battery of requests!

So, this is big progress. We don't know what will happen next or when, but it is so nice to have relief from the fear and sadness that I have been battling hard for the last 2 weeks.

Hooray for my husband who is really good at making things happen!! THANKS, BABE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment