Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Mountains Have Been Moved! -Sitota is coming home

7 YEARS exactly since Ryan and said "yes" to the Lord's greatest idea - adoption.

3 YEARS 7 MONTHS since we closed our pursuit of adoption in China and applied to adopt from Ethiopia.

4 MONTHS and 4 DAYS since we were matched with our daughter - she was 2 months old and so beautiful. Her Ethiopian name, Sitota, means gift. It was love at first sight.

9 WEEKS and 1 DAY since going in front of an Ethiopian Judge and adopting her.

28 DAYS since our adoption case was submitted to the US Embassy for approval and her Visa to come home.

1 HOUR and 34 MINUTES since I read the title of the email from the US Embassy, "Ryan Family, Case Cleared"

Again, waking up in the middle of the night - this time 1:33AM, I checked my email. This time I had hope that it would be there. Ryan and I both went to bed hoping (with caution) that the email from yesterday meant that it was in the final stages. Hoping that we would actually get the email tonight.

AND IT CAME. In an instant all the emotions of the past few weeks - especially the fear that she could still, somehow slip away from me were gone.

There are no more obstacles.

The mountains have been moved.

She is coming home.

I will have her in my arms
.

Oh, how I have dreamed of saying those words. We can ONLY thank the Lord for this gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment