Saturday, July 14, 2012

Finally Home!

We have had two full days at home now. Ryan and I keep looking at each other in a knowing exchange that means, "I can't believe we finally have our fourth child! I can't believe we have 4 kids!!" It is blissful disbelief!

Jessa weighs 11 pounds - which about what Anna weighed at 2 months! So she's got some growing to do, and I'm sure she will now that she is home! She is eating great - she's up to a 8 ounce bottle almost every feeding. She sleeps like a baby. :) Tonight my mom was putting her jammies on and she kept trying to roll over over and go to sleep. The second my mom put her in her crib, she was out! Anna was in the room screaming, me, Ryan, and mom were all talking -but she was ready to sleep and sleep she did. The first two mornings at home she has started her day at 4AM. So I've taken the early shift (which is nice because it's just me and her) and he has taken over around 7 to make breakfast for the big kids and get everybody going for the day along with my mom.

Developmentally, she seems to be pretty on track. She can hold toys, roll over, make eye contact and watch as we move around the room, etc. We go to the pediatrician next week and are looking forward to that. Most importantly, she loves to make lots of eye contact with me - and she is smiling and laughing easily and often. She is the happiest baby!

Anna is so funny with her. We took them on a walk in our double stroller and Anna could not stop touching her and looking at her. She had the cutest smile on her face. She is very intrigued and doesn't seem too jealous. My mom is still taking care of most of her needs, and this seems just fine to her. I have been trying to make special time with her since she is still my baby, too. I love her sweet snuggles and have tried to get caught up on those as much as possible. All in all, it's been pretty peaceful - with an occasional moment of "What would I do if Mom and Ryan weren't here right now?"

Sarah is smitten. She has been my right hand helper whenever the baby is awake. She has taken baths with her, fed her bottles, picked out her clothes, held her a ton, and spent a lot of time doting on her and making her laugh. She's an amazing sister.

Nathan is cute. He loves her and gives her sweet kisses often. He loves to make her laugh, too. This girl will not be short on entertainment around here!!!

Today we took all the kids to our friends' pool. I didn't really think we would put Jessa in, since, to me, swimming seems like a pretty over-stimulating activity and thus "too much, too soon" for her... But, Ryan really wanted to take her in, and I'm glad we did. I have not seen her as happy and lit up as she was in the pool. She was splashing and kicking making her soaking wet and loving it. I don't think I've seen a baby love the water so much. It was a great memory.

We've been bombarded by love from friends and family - beginning with an amazing welcome at the airport! I will never forget coming up the escalator hearing the kids yell, "They're coming!!" and seeing the faces of dear friends and family who have been in this wait with us for so long.

This is truly a dream come true!

1 comment: