Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Our Last Few Days Apart From Each Other

Yesterday we got our monthly update on Sitota from the adoption agency. Every month, we eagerly wait for the 1st to roll around so we get a new picture of her. These pictures have been the only way we've had to watch her grow and change since February when we were matched with her. In one picture we got, we noticed her first tooth. I was so glad to know about this milestone, but also sad that it happening with her so far away.

But yesterday when we got this picture I was overwhelmed knowing that this is the LAST time we will have to study her changes from afar. The LAST time we will print out the latest photo and tape copies all over the house. The LAST time.

Sitota only has 4 more nights to sleep at the care center where she has lived the first months of her life. Ryan and I only have 2 more nights before we get on the plane and fly 17 hours (not including layovers) to Ethiopia. On Sunday morning Ryan and I wills step off the plane in Addis Ababa, drive through the now familiar traffic and smog to the care center. Our driver will honk outside the gate, and one of the nannies will pull it open for our van. Moments later she will be in my arms forever!!!

4 comments:

  1. She is precious! Talk about Christmas in July!!! What an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how quickly she has grown. I still rememher rocking a tiny baby to sleep for you. Hugs momma. Give her kisses from me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you! I started following your journey when we began ours. It is an amazing moment when you know you will be wiht her forever.
    Becca

    ReplyDelete